The Danish Medicines Council was established on January 1, 2017 by the board of Danish Regions. The Council is based on experiences from the Danish Council for the Use of Expensive Hospital Medicines (RADS) and “Koordineringsrådet for ibrugtagning af sygehusmedicin” (KRIS).
The Danish Medicines Council is to:
- Ensure fast and homogeneous use of new and existing medicines across hospitals and regions
- Impose stricter requirements for documentation to support that patients will benefit from new and existing medicines
- Enhance the basis for Amgros’ price negotiations and calls for tenders. Amgros is the joint procurement service for the Danish regions and is mostly concerned with procurement of medicines for hospital use.
- Process and methods guide – how the Danish Medicines Council develops joint regional assessments of the added clinical value of new medicines and new indications - please notice that a new Process and Methods guide will apply from January 1, 2019. Read the guide in Danish here: Håndbog for Medicinrådets proces og metode vedr. nye lægemidler og indikationsudvidelser - version 2
- Process and methods guide – how the Danish Medicines Council assesses several medicines within the same therapeutic area
- New medicines and new indications (guidelines for cost analyses etc.)
General inquiries can be directed to:
The Danish Medicines Council
+45 70 10 36 00